Job Posting: Community Media Editor, Videographer and Teacher
Schedule: Part Time (20 hours) | Position begins in April 2018
Compensation: Hourly based on experience
Description: Seeking a dynamic, creative and outgoing individual who is passionate about the combination of community and media. Teaching children media production is a big part of this position.
- Assist the Lead Instructor in teaching weekly hands on, after-school TV production program to middle schoolers.
- Assist the Lead Instructor in teaching hands on 6 week, high intensity summer TV production program for kids.
- Independently shoot in-studio or in-the-field events and programs.
- Edit programming to air on WIN-TV and on our YouTube.
- Develop a productive relationship with the Town of Windsor departments, Windsor residents, business community and civic organizations to create programs and PSAs.
- Teach adult classes in production & editing as well as assist volunteers and interns as needed.
- Support community members in the production of their own original content.
- Take a creative lead with WIN-TV produced content and branding by creating dynamic graphics.
- Greet visitors and assist the public who come into the studio.
- Answer phone calls and check voice mails as needed.
- Ingest and schedule programming as needed.
- Assist with media duplication.
- Associates degree or higher in Communication or related field or comparable work experience in the field of television production.
- Teaching ability.
- Proficient understanding of studio and production equipment (Black Magic products, Canon XA25)
- Proficient using video editing & graphics software. (Adobe Premiere Editing, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Suite)
- Excellent Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong graphic design & special effects skills. (After Effects & Motion)
- Ability to work independently as well as within a creative team.
- Mac experience is not necessary, but a plus.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle to complete some work tasks.
- High organizational skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities a must.
- Work well under pressure. Deadline oriented.
Email resume, video portfolio, cover letter and references to Jenny Hawran email@example.com